Mary Fisher Hall was the first building constructed on Goucher College’s Towson campus when it relocated from Baltimore in 1942. Extensive renovations and additions over the years have expanded the buliding, a tradition which the latest project continues. The facility consolidates several smaller, outdated dining halls scattered across campus into one central facility that serves as the school’s geographic and social heart. Plentiful dining options include a retail market with grab-and-go selections and multiple board dining platforms. Dining services, seating areas, meeting rooms, and private dining areas interlaced throughout the space provide flexibility of use during and after food service operation hours. The building incorporates multiple sustainable practices such as waste oil collection, composting, and reusable clamshells. The placement of the Office of Student Engagement within the building ensures continuous activity inside and outside this new hub of student life. Stylistically, the new work plays on historic and contemporary architectural features found throughout the campus, grounded firmly by the stout Butler Stone façades of the existing building.