Parrish Hall at Swarthmore College houses residential, administrative, student life and academic functions. Its renovation modernized the interior of the facility while maintaining its existing uses. A new stair draws visitors up one level to the relocated Admissions department. This stair is designed to give the impression has been there since 1869. New elevators and fire stairs improve accessibility and egress. A modest addition features a new loading dock and centralized post office. With post boxes adjacent to a lounge, this truly is the campus crossroads.