Comparing Campuses

Planning spaces for productive human interaction and intellectual pursuit generates valuable information. For several years, Ayers Saint Gross has condensed data into comparisons of campuses, public squares, college towns, and tech parks. These comparisons are available for easy access by organizations and individuals.

Academic Campus Comparisons   Medical Campus Comparisons

To receive the poster versions of these studies, or to be included in future editions, email Jim Wheeler.

1. November 5, 2010
    Eric Jenkins wrote:

excellent site

2. January 25, 2011
    Mark Jensen wrote:

Fantastic interpretations, I would love to see more and if possibly the current ones available in a higher resolution.

Cheers,
    Mark

3. February 27, 2011
    Joseph Okyere Lartey wrote:

what did you realised as the range for the sizes of the zoned areas. (academic, resdential etc.)

4. April 11, 2011
    ODEFADEHAN CHRISTIAN wrote:

beautiful and well understandable
    wish it was bigger

5. October 17, 2011
    Enedina Klock wrote:

Informative post, I enjoyed it very much. Enedina Klock

6. February 2, 2012
    Gibson Rhie wrote:

Hi, I am a Korean Architect and did some campus masterplan/ architecture design.
    I spent one year at Virginia Tech as a visiting professor and found this web blog.
    Would it be possible to receive poster of Campus comparison?
    My address is in Korea and I am willing to pay for the international mail.

Gibson Rhie, KIA, LEED AP

7. December 3, 2012
    Kuan Butts wrote:

A similar presentation, comparing urban areas, especially zoning or building use within central business districts, would be fascinating. How were, for example, academic campuses chosen? Were selections made based on availability of base layers for the plans?

8. January 23, 2013
    Paul Supawanich wrote:

I am curious, is there a poster version of this (or past work, e.g., comparing public spaces or comparing city plans) still available? Would love to provide this as a gift to a colleague.

Best,
    Paul

9. June 6, 2013
    Cindy Janney wrote:

Hello ASG! Regarding ‘Comparing Campuses,’ first, thanks for this great tool. I find it very helpful, It appears that there is a typo in the University of Missouri information. The undergrad population is stated as 15K, and I believe the correct number is in the 25K range. The sum of undergrad & grad populations posted seem to confirm the ‘typo theory.’ Please review. Thanks!

Cindy